About the role
As a tax senior you will be part of a wider team responsible for offering Naylor Wintersgill clients a tailor made approach to managing their tax affairs. As part of the tax team you’ll help provide support and guidance to clients across a range of areas such as business tax services, personal tax planning, self-assessment tax returns, tax residency and trusts.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Manage and maintain own portfolio or personal tax clients ensuring compliance for individuals, partnerships and directors
- Prepare Tax computations and calculations as required
- Review tax returns to meet internal, client and statutory deadlines
- Prepare income and expenditure account/tax adjusted computations
- Provide ad hoc advice to clients as appropriate
- Ad hoc duties as required by management
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Experience in a Practice environment
- ATT qualified (desirable or relevant QBE)
- Strong communication skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Work well with others creating positive working relationships
- Excellent time management and ability to meet strict deadlines
- Up to date knowledge of tax legislation
What you will get in return:
- A friendly, professional team to work alongside
- A positive culture that promotes a strong work-life balance
- Regular opportunities to undertake CPD, together with excellent in-house training.
- Opportunity to progress and develop your career within the firm and contribute to the development of the practice.
You can find out more about what we have to offer on our website here.
Naylor Wintersgill is the largest firm of independent chartered accountants and business advisors based in Bradford city centre offering a trustworthy source of advice on a wide range of business, audit, accounting and tax matters. We aim to be a “one stop shop” for all our client’s business needs with our key service offering also including amongst many others an in-house payroll bureau, HR support and strategic planning.
We have been part of the Bradford business community for over 100 years now and work very closely with a large number of owner managed businesses and personal tax clients ranging from small businesses through to multi-million pound turnover companies and groups.
Our team work to build strong working relationships over long periods of time often down the generations of many family businesses, providing a personal service and tailored advice to ensure our clients grow and succeed.
Our core team operate from our headquarters at Carlton House on Grammar School Street in Bradford. We also has a second city centre office at One Park Row in Leeds to support our continued growth. Our location in Leeds – and in the city’s established financial quarter – allows us to offer even more flexibility for our clients and our team and be better connected across the region.
Our commitment to our values underpins the strong culture we have developed and reflect behaviours that we believe, make Naylor Wintersgill a great place for our clients and our colleagues to grow and succeed, together.
The values we work by are:
You can read all about our values on our website here.
Salary negotiable, dependent on experience and qualification.
If you wish to apply for this role, please contact email@example.com with a copy of you CV.