Protect Yourself From The Cost Of A HMRC Investigation
HMRC are using sophisticated software to target all tax payers and a tax investigation could cost you money even if you’ve done nothing wrong. The very thought of a HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) enquiry can be daunting, but in the event that you are chosen for investigation we can help you at every step of the process.
Naylor Wintersgill can provide you with a Tax Investigation Service to protect you from the costs that may arise as result of a tax or VAT enquiry.
An investigation could cost you money even if you’ve done nothing wrong and anyone can be selected: a business, a director or an individual tax payer.
The service covers up to the equivalent of £100,000 towards our professional fees resulting from an HMRC Enquiry.
Any compliance check started by HMRC regarding your compliance with:
- Income Tax and/or Corporation Tax Self-Assessment
- National Insurance
- Construction Industry
- National Minimum Wage or Gift Aid Legislation and Regulations and;
- Any consequent dispute with HMRC after the issue of an assessment, computation of liabilities, written decision, notice of VAT civil penalty or notice of underpayment of the National Minimum Wage.
- Inheritance Tax enquiries
- Child Tax Credit enquiries
- A compliance check carried out under HMRC Code of Practice 8 (provided fraud is disproved).
If you are in business, the Tax Investigation Service also includes access to Employment Law, Health & Safety and HR advice lines.
If you would like to find out more about the service, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Naylor Wintersgill is supported by Croner Taxwise Limited – the market leading Tax Investigation Insurance provider in the UK.